Minister Michael Russell ,
Men's Ministry President
To develop and promote men who love and fear God (Psalms 118:8 and Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14)
To develop a ministry which addresses the fellowship needs of men at NLBC, provide information on service opportunities, and encourage NLBC men to support church ministries.
To be an avenue through which men can be reconciled to God and made whole in every area of their lives. When men are made whole by the transforming power of Christ, families and communities are able to be made whole. In supporting men in their Christian walk and development toward spiritual maturity men will be challenged through Bible study, prayer meetings, and times of fellowship. This ministry is designed to develop productive relationships between Christian men, both within and outside of the NLBC family.
Covenant Core Values
- Seeking An Intimate & Authentic Relationship With Jesus Christ
- Being Men Of Prayer
- Becoming Men Of Character
- Building Christ-Centered Families
- Serving Our Community
- Developing God-Centered Leaders Filled With The Holy Spirit
- Plan, promote and conduct Men's Ministry Executive and General Ministry Meetings.
- Express the Biblical principle and verses that undergird our ideal and actions.
- To pray and lead others to pray for the Will of God.
- Organize the ministry and conduct activities and meetings to keep the men in harmony with the Will and Spirit of God.
- Assess and meet the needs of the men of NLBC
- Through example, mentoring and testimony, establish an atmosphere where men will be prepared and nurtured to hear, receive, accept and grow in the Word of God.
- Establish the ministry to encourage men to read and study their Bible, and increase their knowledge and awareness of the Word of God and its relevance to everyday activities and situations.
- Enlist 100% of the men to actively participate in the NLBC Men's Ministry.
- Cultivate, prepare and encourage men in the Spirit of God to assume future leadership positions in the Ministry and NLBC.
- Men's Meeting: Held every first Monday of each month.
- Men's Breakfast: held the Third Saturday of each month. Our fellowship breakfast is highlighted by a guest speaker who will speak about topics that are applicable to today's Christian man.
- Men's Retreat: is our annual men's retreat. (The month of September)