Senior Adult Ministry
From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. Eph 4:16
Co- Directors LeNora Hughes and Lucious Owens
Mission: To actively involve seniors in the whole body of Christ at NLBC
Goal: To establish an active and viable ministry for Senior Adults.
- To draw upon each others talents, skills and experiences.
- Identify Seniors and encourage their participation in the ministry
- Collaborate with other ministries within New Life and the outside community
- Assess the effectiveness of the Senior Adult ministry
Identify seniors and encourage their participation in the ministry
Establish a yearly calendar of events for senior participation through sharing of their talents, skills and experiences.
Provide resource information on educational seminars that address the unique needs of seniors
Fellowship with other senior ministries in the areas at least three times annually
Integrate senior adult and youth ministries whenever appropriate
Evaluate programs and activities designed for seniors
Receive input from the church body.
- Spiritual growth
- Encourage Senior Fellowship
- Challenging Bible Study
- Opportunity to assist others
- Nurture acceptance and respect
- Discipleship ministry
- Wonderful refreshments
- Intercessory Prayer
- Newcomers welcome
- Discussions following God's word
Monthly Bible Study 2nd Monday 7 pm
Serving other ministries
Annual Christmas Dinner
Trips and tours (based on members interests)